Admissions + Applying to SHC
Class of 2020 Application Timeline
|September 2, 2015||Irish for a Day (8th Grade Visits) online registration available (noon)|
|September 4, 2015 (after 12:00pm)||Applications available online for the Class of 2020|
|September 4, 2015||Parent Visit online registration available|
|September 4, 2015||Open House online RSVP available|
|September 29 – November 24||Irish for a Day Program available|
|October 1, 2015||Financial aid applications available online|
|October 31, 2015||Open House 9 am-11 am|
|November 27, 2015||Applications for Admissions Priority Deadline (noon); applications accepted after this deadline for an additional $25 processing fee|
|December 4, 2015||Financial aid application due to TADS|
|January 9, 2016||Catholic High School Placement Test (HSPT) 8:30 am-noon|
|March 10, 2016||Notification of admissions and financial aid decisions mailed to applicants|
|March 11, 2016||Admissions decisions can be accessed electronically after 4 pm|
|March 18, 2016||Registration for the Class of 2020 due by noon|
Class of 2020 Application Checklist
- Completed application
- Application fee
- $85 by the Priority Deadline (November 27, 2015 at noon)
- Subsequent to the Priority Deadline ($25 additional processing fee)
- HSPT testing
- Applicants are required to take the High School Placement Test (HSPT). Students may take the test only once. They may take it at any Catholic high school that they applied to, but it is free of charge if taken at SHC with a submitted application. Applicants may register to take the test at SHC within the online application. SHC will administer the HSPT on January 9, 2016.
- Scores will not be released until after admission letters have been sent in late March. To receive these scores, please contact the Admissions Office at that time.
- Financial aid application (if applicable)
- Complete and submit the online financial aid application by December 4, 2015 (available October 1, 2015).
- Clergy recommendation (optional)
- Download and submit to your clergy member. Clergy member will submit the form on your behalf to the Office of Admissions by January 9, 2016. Click the link within the application to download the form (available September 4, 2015).
- Outside letters of recommendation (optional)
- Applicants may submit up to two supplemental letters of recommendation.
- Recommenders must be people outside of your academic community who can accentuate a special gift/talent and/or speak to your personal character.
- Letters must not exceed one typewritten page and must be mailed directly to the SHC Admissions Office by the recommender.
- Recommenders must provide contact information including address, daytime phone number and email address in their correspondence so that the Admissions Committee can follow up with them if necessary.
Please Note: Transcripts and teacher recommendation forms will be requested by SHC on behalf of the student. They are not a required component of your application.
Students with special needs applying to SHC must include the following with their application:
- Professional evaluation documentation
- Provide a currently active IEP, 504 Plan or other professional evaluation done within the last three years.
- Documentation deadline for students with special needs is November 27, 2015.
- Application for extended time on the HSPT
- Download, complete and submit the application for extended testing time by November 27, 2015 (form available September 4, 2015 and within the online application).