Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory (SHC) is a Lasallian Vincentian Catholic, co-educational college preparatory secondary school located in the heart of San Francisco, California. We provide academically rigorous, vibrant learning grounded in social justice and emerging / 21st century pedagogy. Our entire community is committed to cultivating each student’s unique talents and passions, providing myriad opportunities for students to discern and realize their individual intellectual, artistic, athletic, social, and spiritual potential. SHC is a San Francisco Archdiocesan High School that is cosponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers of the District of San Francisco and the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul of the Province of the West.
The Campus Safety Associate assists with campus safety, security, including traffic flow and general campus monitoring.
Full Time Regular, Benefit Eligible
Evening Shift Tues – Fri 2pm-10pm, Saturdays 7:00am-3:30pm
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the flow of traffic during peak traffic times on campus;
- Monitor campus entrance/exits, parking lots, school grounds, and enforcing general campus regulations and reporting violations (students and parents) daily;
- Monitoring and reporting violations of parking policies to the Safety Director;
- Assisting school patrons, visitors, students and staff with the understanding of campus regulations;
- Assisting with other campus projects as needed; e.g. facilitating deliveries, moving boxes, and general campus maintenance.
Qualifications and Skills
- Communicate effectively with all school and community stakeholder groups;
- Be able to work collaboratively and proactively, as part of a team and independently, in a dynamic and fast paced environment with changing priorities;
- Strong organizational, staff and project management skills and decision making skills;
- Detail-oriented, flexible, strong work ethic;
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate in a diverse, inclusive work environment;
- Proficiency in computer applications, including knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Google Applications, databases and social media;
- Committed to ongoing education and professional growth;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as scheduled.
The statements herein describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employee assigned to this position and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and, skills required of personnel so assigned.
Certifications and/or Licensure
- Must possess, or be able to obtain by time of hire, a valid California Driver License without record of suspension or revocation in any state
- Must possess, or be able to obtain within three (3) months of hire, CPR, First Aid and AED certification
- Possession of a CA BSIS Security Guard registration is encouraged, but not required
- Any professionally recognized certifications in security related fields
Education and Experience
High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor’s Degree in business or public administration, criminal justice, law enforcement, management, security or a closely related field preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft software applications, Google/Gmail and internet usage, and; database management preferred
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel as well as talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee may lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SHC is an equal opportunity employer
The Archdiocese of San Francisco will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation. The Archdiocese of San Francisco will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Dependent on Skills and Experience.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Human Resources, at firstname.lastname@example.org
1055 Ellis Street
San Francisco, CA 94109