Sacred Heart Cathedral Preparatory (SHC) is a Lasallian Vincentian Catholic, co-educational college preparatory secondary school located in the heart of San Francisco, California. We provide an academically rigorous and intellectually stimulating experience for each student. The entire community is committed to cultivating each student’s unique talents and passions, and providing rich opportunities for students to discern and realize their individual potential through intellectual, artistic, athletic, social, and spiritual exploration and growth. SHC is a San Francisco Archdiocesan High School that is cosponsored by the De La Salle Christian Brothers of the District of San Francisco and the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul of the Province of the West.
The Assistant Athletic Trainer Assistant will assist the Head Athletic Trainer in providing comprehensive health care services for student-athletes, enforce the Sports Medicine Policies and Procedures, and perform other duties assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer or Athletic Directors. The position requires regularly traveling to off-campus practice / game locations as well as working some nights and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive health care services – injury prevention, immediate care, evaluation, treatment, rehabilitation, reconditioning and management of athletic injuries
- Injury documentation / record keeping using SportsWare injury tracking software
- Enforce athletic training room policies / rules
- Contact coaches on regular basis with injury updates
- Monitor / collect Pre-participation Physical Exam forms / other paperwork and provide coaches with summaries
- Practice coverage including off-site for football
- Home and away game coverage for football
- Home coverage for other sports including some off-site events including some nights and weekends
- Other duties as assigned
The statements herein describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and, skills required of personnel so assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training, Kinesiology or related field
- NATABOC Certified and in good standing with the NATA
- BLS CPR/AED for Healthcare Provider Certification through American Heart Association, American Red Cross or other recognized organization
- Valid CA driver’s license
- Master’s degree in Athletic Training, Kinesiology or related field
- 2-3 years experience at secondary school level
- Experience with contact/collision sports
- Experience with ImPACT concussion management software
- Experience with SportsWare injury tracking software
- Instructor in First-Aid/CPR/AED courses
The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle or feel as well as talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee may lift and/or move at least 35 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Based on experience
Please submit a cover letter, resume and list of references to:
Oscar C. Melero, MS, ATC, CSCS, CES
Head Athletic Trainer
415-775-6626 ext. 788