Information For… + Transfer Students 2016-17
Welcome Classes of 2017, 2018 & 2019!
We are thrilled to welcome you to the SHC community! This page serves as a resource to you and your family as you prepare for the 2016-17 school year. Please note that after September 1, 2016, the information provided here will transition to Schoology Groups for your graduating year.
Check this website often as we will continue to update important deadlines and information.
- Language Other Than English Choice Form: Please indicate what language you’d like to take while attending SHC.
- Summer Reading: This year, students may chose one of three books for their One School, One Question selection. The three reading options are unified by one question: What makes a life worth living? Expect to participate in class discussions and assignments on your selected reading beginning the first week of school. While you are welcome to read your chosen book in any format, please plan on bringing the book and annotations to class in August. You may choose one of the following: All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman or The Other Wes Moore: One Name, Two Fates by Wes Moore. Click here for more details.
- Mailing: A packet with various school forms such as the student course schedule, emergency contact form, etc. was mailed to homes on June 28.
- Commuter Bus: For information or to register, click here.
- Online Physical forms: Athletic Pre-participation Physical Exam Form AND Student-Athlete Medical Clearance Form need to be completed (see below). Instructions will be sent to homes in the summer mailing. Due July 29.
- 2016 Booklist: Please use your student’s schedule included in the July mailing to determine which books to purchase for the semester. View the booklist here. Browse our online bookstore here.
- Summer Assignments: In the July mailing your students will receive their schedules for the fall semester. Please refer to their schedules to determine which summer assignments to complete.
Visual & Performing Arts
- Pre-Participation Physical Exam (PPE) & Athletic Participation Forms: Please click here for a welcome letter from our Athletic Directors, which includes tryout dates. In order to try out for a sport BOTH of the following forms are required to participate in SHC Athletics at ANY capacity – including tryouts, pre-season, summer practices and/or weight lifting / conditioning sessions. Please follow these two steps:
- Print the Pre-Participation Physical Exam Form and complete page 1 (including signatures/dates), have your physician complete page 2 (including signature / date/disposition). Submit a hard copy to the athletic trainers – pages 1 & 2 must be submitted together.
- Complete the Athletic Participation Forms. For your convenience, these forms can be easily and quickly completed online.
- PPE is valid for one calendar year
- use a COMPUTER (not a phone) when completing the online Athletic Participation Forms
- online forms completed for the 2015-16 school year will EXPIRE on June 3, 2016
- please complete the online Athletic Participation Forms ASAP – REGARDLESS of when your PPE expires or what sport / season you participate in, ESPECIALLY if you plan on participating in summer practices and/or weight lifting / conditioning sessions
Please contact Head Athletic Trainer, Mr. Oscar Melero at email@example.com or Assistant Athletic Trainer, Ms. Chelsie Morehead at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
California School Immunization Record (blue form) – Due August 19 to the RegistrarInstructions were placed in the summer mailing. Please complete side 1 of this form and side 2, if applicable. The immunization record needs to be completed prior to the start of the 2016-2017 school year. Students are not allowed to attend classes if this form is not completed with all current immunizations. If you have any questions about the form please contact our Registrar, Carol Collins at email@example.com.
Digital Resources Fee
All students are asked to pay a $25.00 annual digital resources fee to access various digital resources which supplement or replace textbooks (e.g. Schoology, GradeCam, IXL, Actively Learn, etc.). The fee may be paid at Orientation or, prior to August 10, by clicking here.
If you have any questions, contact Registrar & Academic Administrative Assistant, Carol Collins at 415.775.6626 ext. 868.