Current Students + Transfer Students
Welcome Classes of 2015, 2016 & 2017!
We are thrilled to welcome you to the SHC community! This page serves as a resource to you and your family as you prepare for the 2014-15 school year. Please note that after September 1, 2014, the information provided here will transition to Schoology Groups for your graduating year.
Please use this checklist to ensure that you have completed all of the necessary steps in preparation for the school year.
- Student & Family Information: Due Saturday, April 12.
- Immunization Form: Due August 1 to registrar.
- Online Physical forms: Athletic Pre-participation Physical Exam Form AND Student-Athlete Medical Clearance Form need to be completed. Instructions were sent to homes May 15. Due August 1.
- Lands End: School polos and dress up fleeces and sweaters may be purchased through the Lands End site. Please see the Student Handbook link on the Curent Student Page for the full dress code.
- Summer Reading: All students are required to complete the SHC One School, One Book selection, Breaking Through, by Francisco Jimenez before the beginning of school in August. All students will take an objective test in their LOTE classes during the first week of school.
- Transfer Student Registration: Friday, August 22, 11:30 am-4:30 pm. Students meet on the La Salle Campus in Room 303. All transfer students are required to have the device they will use during the 2014-2015 school year on this day during the BYOD orientation portion. Please refer to the minimum systems specifications and FAQ documents to assist with your purchasing decision.
- Student & Family Emergency Contact/Handbook Agreement Form: Due August 1 (form will be mailed in July).
- Parents Association Survey: As an SHC parent, you are automatically a member of the Parents Association. All parents volunteer at some point during their child’s time at SHC. This survey allows you to share your areas of volunteering interest.
If you have any questions, contact Carol Collins at 415.775.6626 ext. 868.
Are You Ready for Some Football? Sign Up Now!
The New Parent Orientation is on Saturday, August 23 from 9-11 am in the Pavilion. The morning will offer parents an opportunity to hear from the Administrative Team about this year’s theme and new initiatives involving our curriculum and general policies. After opening remarks, parents will rotate for presentations and discussion about academics, BYOD, Dean’s policies and procedures, athletics, performing arts, community life and the Parents Association. Frosh parents may join their student for the Mass at 11 am and a BBQ will immediately follow. You may park in the St. Mary’s Cathedral parking lot.
All students are required to complete the SHC One School, One Book selection, Breaking Through, by Francisco Jimenez before the beginning of school in August. All students will take an objective test in their LOTE classes during the first week of school.
Class Schedules & Book List
Class schedules will be sent to families in mid-July. Once you receive your schedule, please refer to the 2014-15 SHC Booklist to purchase books. You may use our official online bookstore MBS – Official Bookstore for SHC. MBS will offer free shipping for all textbooks (July 14-27). You are welcome to purchase from other companies such as Amazon, eCampus.com, etc. For your convenience, use the ISBN we’ve provided on the booklist to search for the book.
Fall Athletics Sign-Up
If you intend to try out for a fall sport, we ask that you submit your contact information through the following sign-up forms.
|Cross Country||Coach Andy Chan|
|Football||Coach Ken Peralta|
|Girls Golf||Coach John Landers|
|Girls Tennis||Coach Amy Kleckner|
|Girls Volleyball||Coach James Jacobus|
Tryouts for all Frosh will be conducted in mid-August. Please refer to the 2014 Summer Athletic Letter which is posted in the Parent Gateway under Registration for Classes of 2015, 2016 and 2017, and Registration for Class of 2018.
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD)
Why would we hand every student the same device, especially when that device may not be relevant in six months or a year? Our BYOD program is the catalyst to the digital literacy that the future requires. We invite you to use a range of digital technologies to evaluate, create and distribute information.
If you have any questions regarding our dress code, please contact Mr. Sazo, Dean of Students at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schoology is our learning management system, a web-based platform that provides rich forums, social commentary features and much more. Schoology allows parents, teachers, students, counselors, club moderators, and coaches to fully participate in the learning process. Students and parents will receive more information about Schoology, including how to join, at the orientation in August.