Current Students + Transfer Students
Welcome Classes of 2016, 2017 & 2018!
We are thrilled to welcome you to the SHC community! This page serves as a resource to you and your family as you prepare for the 2015-16 school year. Please note that after September 1, 2015, the information provided here will transition to Schoology Groups for your graduating year.
Check this website often as we will continue to update important deadlines and information.
- Language Other Than English Choice Form – Please indicate what language you’d like to take while attending SHC.
- Student & Family Information – This is a required form, please complete as soon as possible.
- Summer Reading: All students are required to complete the SHC One School, One Book selection, Food Rules: An Eater’s Manual, by Michael Pollan before the beginning of school in August. You are encouraged to purchase the illustrated edition. All students will take an objective test during the first week of school.
This short, easy, and enjoyable read was chosen to highlight important yet simple nutritional ideas and will be incorporated into all areas of the Wellness program, beginning with Jumpstart this summer.
- Reading Instructions:
- As you read, please note three or more of your favorite Food Rules you would like to begin practicing regularly. (Note: Rule 43 only applies to those 21 years and over.)
- During the summer, you will need to create a consecutive three-day food journal. Links to the Food journal template and completed example are listed below. Your food journal should reflect everything you eat and drink as thoroughly and honestly as possible. You will not be judged on the food you eat or do not eat, rather, we want you to begin examining your food choices. You will also use your food journal next year as a piece of your final assessment on Food Rules.
Food & Fitness Journal sample
Food Journal worksheet
- Reading Instructions:
- Summer Mailing: A packet with various school forms such as the student course schedule, emergency contact form, etc. will be mailed to homes in early July.
- De Paul Scholars: The Class of 2019 De Paul Scholar Creativity Workshop will take place on Thursday, June 11 and Friday, June 12 from 9 am-3 pm. Scholars have been notified by mail of this workshop. Please contact Dr. Ken Hogarty ’66 for more information.
- I2 Scholars: The Class of 2019 I2 Workshop will take place on Thursday, June 4, from 4pm-8pm and Friday, June 5, from 10am-1pm. I2 students have been notified by mail of this workshop. Please contact Dr. Ramsey Musallam for more information.
- Commuter Bus: For information or to register, click here.
- Immunization Form: Due July 31 to the Registrar. Instructions will be sent to homes on May 15.
- Online Physical forms: Athletic Pre-participation Physical Exam Form AND Student-Athlete Medical Clearance Form need to be completed. Instructions were sent to homes May 15. Due July 31.
- 2015 Booklist - The student schedule will be mailed to you in early July.
If you have any questions, contact Registrar & Academic Administrative Assistant, Carol Collins at 415.775.6626 ext. 868.