September 15, 2017
The Walkathon is an important annual fundraiser that supplements the revenue SHC receives from tuition and annual support from alumni, parents, and friends. This year’s Walkathon will support the transformation of the classroom facilities, Student Launch Initiative, student scholarships and travel grants.
When should students arrive?
Students should arrive at the Polo Fields and be seated with their Homerooms by 8:30 am.
What time are students dismissed?
Students will be dismissed around 12:30 or 1 pm. We encourage families to communicate with students regarding their afternoon plans.
Is this mandatory?
Yes. All students must be present and attendance will be taken. If your student is ill or unable to come to the Walkathon, standard absence procedures apply.
Where does the money go?
Over the last 28 years, students have raised more than $3 million through the Walkathon—money which directly supports the students of SHC!
To date, the Walkathon has helped fund:
- Transformation of science facilities
- Fitness for Life Program
- Fitness Center
- Sister Teresa Piro, DC, Student Life Center
- Herbst Library and Information Center
- Laptop computers in the Library
- SHC Gateway at Gough and Ellis Streets
- Strength and Conditioning Weight Room
- Student travel, scholarships, technology upgrades and more
What about this year?
The 2017 Walkathon will support the transformation of classroom facilities, the Student Launch Initiative, and Student Travel Grants and Scholarships
How can I make a difference?
- Students who surpass $250 during the Walkathon will qualify for additional prizes—including a special 2017 Walkathon Shamrock Club T-Shirt that can be worn throughout the 2017-18 school year in lieu of the standard SHC polo shirt.
- Students who raise $350 or more will receive a special 2017 Walkathon Shamrock Club sweatshirt.
- Students who raise $500 or more are eligible for an “SHC Passport,” a collection of passes, privileges and tickets.
These are just a few of the great prizes students can look forward to receiving when meeting their fundraising goals.