- Departments & Courses
- Educational Technology
- Inquiry & Innovation Program
- De Paul Scholar Program
- Service Learning
- Academic Explorations
- Transfer Students
- Summer High School
- Community Life
- Irish Athletics
- Team Pages
- Traditions & Champions
- Fitness Center/Weight Room
- Sports Medicine
- Eligibility, Safety & Documentation
- News & Events
- Summer Institute
- La Salle Academy
- De Paul Academy
- Fightin' Irish Sports Academy
- Lunch Program & Extended Care
- Online Registration
SHC counselors are dedicated to ensuring that each student maximizes his/her potential so that he/she may be empowered with skills and information to make educated choices for the present and future. Entering students are assigned a counselor with whom they will continue to consult until graduation. Counselors meet with students individually to get to know them as unique individuals and provide guidance tailored to their specific needs, as well as in groups to provide information relevant to social and academic adjustment, curriculum, and college preparation and planning.
Understanding that the developmental stage of adolescence can be challenging, SHC counselors work to ensure that the transition from adolescence to adulthood is as smooth and as fluid as possible. To help bring about a seamless transition between the SHC secondary school experience and collegiate matriculation, parents are invited to discuss with their child’s counselor any issues or concerns they may have regarding the academic, personal, emotional or spiritual development of their child.
Counseling Department Mission
Sacred Heart Cathedral’s Counseling Department provides parents and students the academic guidance they need to navigate a challenging college prep curriculum commensurate with the individual student’s gifts, talents, and aspirations in order to make the transition from secondary school to college as seamless as possible. In addition, counselors guide, support, encourage and nurture students to advance emotionally, psychologically and spiritually from adolescence to adulthood.
Counseling Department Goals
SHC Counselors assist students to:
- Make mature decisions guided by the Gospel and teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Develop relationships with others predicated upon respecting the dignity of each person.
- Discern and practice appropriate personal and social behavior.
- Achieve personal and academic goals that lead to success.
- Navigate technology for college planning and ascertain collegiate options.
- Identify and pursue post-secondary opportunities commensurate with individual talents and abilities.