Sacred Heart Cathedral invites enthusiastic, dedicated men and women to work with us. We are a Catholic, private preparatory school in the heart of San Francisco. Our legacy is well known in the city, as is our reputation for innovation and academic excellence. SHC is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages applications from a diverse population of job seekers. Please take a look at our open employment opportunities and consider joining our team!
To apply, please send a letter of interest and résumé to the appropriate faculty member listed on the job opening. Thanks for your interest in working for SHC.
Playing experience and/or knowledge of the sport is required. Previous high school or college coaching experience is preferred. Candidates must be available during after-school hours (2:00-7:00pm) and on Saturdays. Off-season meetings and duties are also required.Read More
- Model the characteristics of a Catholic, Lasallian Vincentian educator;
- Actively support SHC’s mission, philosophy and ESLRs;
- Design and/or implement courses and units that eﬀectively promote department outcomes and adhere to the scope and sequence as determined by the learning team of teachers of the same course;
- Specifically, our Acting course provides the serious beginning actor with a thorough introduction to the actor’s craft. Explorations in improvisation, theater games, pantomime, dramatic criticism, reader’s theater, monologue work and scene preparation are followed up with such advanced acting techniques as the use of detailed action, motivation /objectives, subtext, sense memory and emotional recall. All students will perform in class, participate in peer and self-critiques, and complete reading and writing assignments regularly;
- Plan what students will learn, how they will learn, and how they will be assessed within a backwards design framework that features active engagement, common assignments and assessments appropriate to the grade level within the academic discipline;
- Collaborate with peers to develop, review and improve curriculum and assessments;
- Communicate consistently with students, parents and school personnel;
- Work with the Director of Studies, the Academic Resource Specialist, Study Skills instructors and/or counselors to support students who require accommodations to succeed;
- Keep current and complete grading and attendance records;
- Actively support the service and co-curricular programs of the school community.
Two part-time positions available; 1 Varsity and 1 JV.
Playing experience and/or knowledge of the sport is required. Previous high school or college coaching experience is preferred. Candidates must be available during after school hours (2:00 – 7:00 PM), and on Saturdays. Off-season meetings and duties are also required.Read More