Athletic Participation Forms
In order to try out for a sport or participate in any capacity, all student-athletes are required to have a current PPE on file AND have completed the online Athletic Participation Forms through Appryse.
Appryse and Preparticipation Physical Exam info for 2018-19 school year coming soon.
What is Appryse?
Appryse is a web-based replacement to the paper-based Athletic Participation Forms system previously used to track medical history, contact information, and Pre-participation Physical Exam (PPE) forms. Parents are able to enter all information online, including uploading or faxing the PPE form directly to Appryse. It also allows you to electronically submit Emergency Information and electronically sign the following required forms: Policies and Procedures, Awareness of Injury Risk and Consent to Treat, Concussion Parent/Athlete Information, Awareness of Sports Injury Risk, and Sudden Cardiac Arrest Information. We feel it will make this year much easier for parents, coaches, and most importantly, increase the safety of our students.
A few features:
- You will no longer need to bring a hardcopy or send school physical forms.
- The PPE form will have a bar code unique to your child.
- Appryse will contact parents to alert when their child’s physical is close to expiring.
- In the event of a medical emergency, athletic trainers and coaches will use a system to automatically notify you of an emergency via phone, email, and text message.
Enrolling in Appryse
All incoming freshman are required to enroll in Appryse regardless of whether a student intends to join an athletic team. They will not be allowed to participate in SHC athletics at any capacity until they do. Do not wait until the last minute, as this will affect the student’s ability to participate in SHC Athletics.
Bookmark https://app.appryse.com to easily sign in after enrollment.
Information regarding your son or daughter’s medical history should be updated throughout the year as needed.
Important notes before registering:
- Enrolling in Appryse will allow you to download a blank 2017-18 SHC Pre-participation Physical Exam (PPE) form, which will include your child’s name and a barcode
- We will not accept hard copies of PPE forms for incoming freshman.
- We will not accept hard copies of PPE forms past June 30 for current 10th-12th graders.
- Please have your physician use the approved Appryse SHC PPE form that has your son or daughter’s unique bar code.
- Please make sure the Appryse SHC PPE form is properly completed, signed and dated or it will not be accepted .
- Only forms completed by an MD or DO will be accepted. We will not accept forms completed by other health care professionals such as registered nurses (RN), nurse practitioners (NP), physician assistants (PA), and chiropractors (DC).
- The parent should either fax the Appryse SHC PPE form to the number at the top right of the physical form, or scan and upload it directly to Appryse.
- Do NOT upload or fax a different physical form, as this will not be recognized by the Appryse system and will NOT be received.
- Do not include attachments such as immunization forms.
- Only the SINGLE page Appryse form can be faxed or uploaded.
- Questions or problems during enrollment should be directed to Appryse. Click the “Contact Support” button on the Appryse website.