Transfer Students

SHC warmly welcomes transfers to our school

Click the link below to access the transfer application for the 2014-15 school year. Transfer applications are accepted on an ongoing basis. Early submissions are encouraged. The number of transfer spots available each year depends on many factors including attrition and class enrollment.


Here are some quick facts about transfer acceptances at SHC:

  • Transfer students are accepted into the sophomore and junior classes.
  • Transfer students are not accepted into the senior class or midyear.

A complete transfer application to SHC must include:

  • (Optional) Supplemental recommendations (up to two) by members outside of the student’s academic community. Please adhere to the following requirements for these recommendations:
    • One page typed (recommendations over a page will not be included in the student’s application)
    • Mail directly to SHC Admissions office by the recommender
    • Include contact information including email address, phone number and mailing address

Financial Aid

SHC gives financial aid priority to students entering the 9th grade and returning students. Families of transfer students are encouraged to apply, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee assistance even for qualifying transfer families.

If you are still considering applying for financial aid as a transfer, please follow these steps:

  • Complete and submit your transfer admissions application
  • Complete the online financial aid application 

International Applicants

SHC warmly welcomes applications from students outside of the United States. Please note: SHC is a day school only and does not provide room and board.

A complete application to SHC from an international applicant must include:

  • Completed application
  • TOEFL score of 80 or above
  • Transcripts from the past two years

Once accepted, a foreign applicant will need the following:

  • I-20
    • SHC will issue this paperwork
    • Must be signed by applicant and parent/guardian
  • Visa
    • Student is required to obtain a visa from the US Embassy in their home country