Admissions + Transfer & International Students
Transfer students bring unique insights and experiences to the SHC classroom, which strengthen our community. The number of transfer spots available each year depends on many factors, including attrition and class enrollment. SHC accepts transfer applications on an ongoing basis. Early applications are encouraged. The 2018-19 transfer application process is now closed.
Here are some quick facts about transfer acceptances at SHC:
- Transfer students are accepted into the sophomore and junior classes.
- Transfer students are not accepted into the senior class or mid-year.
A complete transfer application to SHC must include:
- Completed application – 2019-20 academic year available December 1, 2018
- High school transcripts (families to email firstname.lastname@example.org; must include all classes through the first semester of 2018-19)
- Academic recommendations (see instructions within application)
- (Optional) Clergy recommendation
- (Optional) Supplemental recommendations (up to two) by members outside of the student’s academic community. Please adhere to the following requirements for these recommendations:
- One page typed (recommendations over a page will not be included in the student’s application)
- Mail directly to SHC Admissions office or email to email@example.com
- Include contact information including email address, phone number and mailing address
SHC gives financial aid priority to students entering the 9th grade and returning students. Families of transfer students are encouraged to apply, however, we cannot guarantee assistance even for qualifying transfer families.
If you would still like to apply for financial aid, please follow these steps:
- Complete and submit your transfer admissions application
- Complete the online financial aid application
San Francisco is one of the most globally connected cities in the world, and for many joining our school from other countries, our dynamic urban campus will feel just like home. Learning side-by-side with people from diverse cultures will prepare you for life after SHC, into college and beyond.
International Day Students
SHC warmly welcomes applications from international day students. A complete application to SHC from an international day student must include:
- Completed application
- Applicants to 9th grade must complete the 9th grade application; Applicants for 10th and 11th grades must complete the transfer application (available here on December 1, 2017). SHC does not accept applications for students applying for 12th grade.
- TOEFL score of 90 or above
- Transcripts from the past two years
Once accepted, a foreign applicant will need the following:
- SHC will issue this paperwork
- Must be signed by applicant and parent/guardian
- Student is required to obtain a visa from the US Embassy in their home country
International Day Student Tuition & Fees
Tuition and fees listed above are for the 2018-19 school year and are subject to annual increases. Financial aid is not available for international day students. We additionally count on a yearly parent pledge for each child who attends SHC. For more information, please read about our Parent Pledge Program.