- Community Life
- Irish Athletics
- Team Pages
- Traditions & Champions
- Fitness Center/Weight Room
- Sports Medicine
- Eligibility, Safety & Documentation
- News & Events
- Summer Institute
- La Salle Academy
- De Paul Academy
- Fightin' Irish Sports Academy
- Lunch Program & Extended Care
- Online Registration
Inquiry & Innovation Program
“Schooling isn’t worth anything unless it creates for people the capacity to believe that they can change the world. If our kids don’t believe they can change the world then I think we ought to say that our education has not been strong enough”.
The I2 Mission
The Inquiry & Innovation (I2) program is a rigorous, four-year academic and enrichment program designed to target the unique passions and interests of its students through a lens of science, technology, engineering, mathematics and design. Upon conclusion of the program, students will have worked individually, collaboratively, and with a myraid of mentors to create a final Kickstarter Project with one goal in mind: change the world!
I2 Scholar Characteristics and Expectations
Program members are among our top applicants, displaying high academic achievement and exemplary standardized test scores (especially in math and science). More importantly, an I2 Scholar is an individual who embodies an intrinsic curiosity about the world and possesses a strong desire to quench that curiosity in collaboration with teachers, peers and the community.
Students chosen for the I2 Scholar Program are expected to:
- Achieve at least a 3.5 cummualtive GPA every semester with at least a grade of B for each semester in Math and Science courses.
- Maintain the highest standards of behavior as prescribed by the school and affirmed by the dean of students.
- Participate in all workshops, retreats, activities and field trips.
- Be models of curiosity and innovation for the entire SHC community.
I2 Program Objectives
I2 scholars will:
Design a passion-based Kickstarter Project.
Develop and maintain a relationship with an expert in an area related to the Kickstarter Project.
Secure an internship in an area related to the Kickstarter Project.
Complete four years of science, including at least one Advanced Placement (AP) course.
Complete four years of math, including at least one Advanced Placement (AP) course.
Complete all required workshiops, retreats, activities and field trips.
I2 Program Overview
I2 Program Academic Acceleration Opportunities
I2 Sponsored Initiatives
- "Enthnography Report" about the I2 Program (by Senior DPS Scholar Tatiana Spisz)