Academics + De Paul Scholar Program
“Imagination is the source of all human achievement.”
—Sir Ken Robinson
The De Paul Scholar Program is a rigorous four-year academic and enrichment program informed by the charisms of St. John Baptist de La Salle and St. Vincent de Paul. De Paul Scholars achieve grades which place them in the top 10 percent of their class and demonstrate leadership daily in the classroom. De Paul Scholars are passionate about engaging the world of ideas and solving real-world challenges of injustice and inequality. The De Paul Scholar curriculum includes summer workshops and enrichment courses; dedicated sections of ninth grade English and Social Studies; access to a wide array of Honors and Advanced Placement courses; and a culminating, college-level discussion course, Senior Seminar.
For more information, please contact Director of the De Paul Scholar Program Dr. Ken Hogarty ’66 at 415.775.6626 ext. 726.
Students chosen for the De Paul Scholar Program are expected to:
- Achieve a 3.5 GPA every semester or a year-end cumulative GPA that places them in the top 10 percent of their class
- Maintain the highest standards of behavior as prescribed by the school and affirmed by the dean of students
- Actively pursue cocurricular and service opportunities
- Participate in summer workshops and enrichment activities
- Enroll in Academic Explorations
- Be models of learned men and women for the entire SHC community