About + Leadership & Strategic Plan
Brother Ronald has served as a professor of English and president of St. Mary’s College of California, secretary general of the Brothers of the Christian Schools in Rome, president of the International Association of Lasallian Universities, which is a global consortium of 60 Lasallian institutions that promotes excellence in Catholic higher education, and member of the Board of Directors of the Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities (ACCU), a nationwide organization whose purpose is to promote and strengthen the mission and character of Catholic higher education in the United States and to serve as its collective voice.
Gary J. Cannon earned his BA from the University of Notre Dame, his Master of Divinity from the Jesuit School of Theology, and his doctorate at the University of San Francisco’s Catholic Educational Leadership Program. Cannon first joined SHC in 1997 as an instructor of religious studies. In 2001, he was appointed assistant principal for student life and subsequently led the development of a strategic plan in technology. He has served as principal since 2011, embracing the challenges and satisfaction of working with the students, faculty, staff and families of SHC.
Board of Regents
Chair Carol Wicklund Enright; Vice Chair Gerald Murphy, JD; Parents Association President Richard Cutler, PhD; Fr. Arturo Albano; Stella Bialous, DrPH; Courtney Chin ’03; Neal Corkery ’95; Sandra Gulli; Miguel Guzman ’91; Steve Heath; Francois Hechinger; Daniel Holland ’79; Janet L. Holland ’77; Denise Kent, DPA ’77; Sheila Kiernan; Sister Julie Kubasak, DC; Charles R. Love; Eileen Malley, JD ’77; Sister Frances Meyer, DC; Gina Mulvey ’94; Joey Nevin ‘01; Sister Sylvia Parks, DC; Jeffrey P. Porter ’72; William D. Rauch; Roman Rodriguez, MD ’68; James E. Ryan, Jr.; Sue Sami; Stacie Solt, MD ’99; Ed Wang ’90; Br. Tom Westberg, FSC; Harold H. Wong ’77. Ex-Officio: President Br. Ronald Gallagher, FSC, PhD; Principal Gary Cannon; VP for Finance & Facilities Alla Krel; VP for Advancement Suzie Sheedy; Director of Major Gifts & Planned Giving John M. Vigo ’81.
In order to fulfill and advance our Catholic, Lasallian Vincentian mission, SHC will achieve the following strategic objectives.
1. Strengthen and Promote a Culture of Excellence
- Implement a continuous improvement plan that includes all groups within the SHC community (board, administration, faculty, staff, maintenance, parent volunteers, departments, programs, etc.)
- Design and build a curriculum and learning infrastructure for the future that achieves educational excellence and innovation for all students
2. Build and Communicate a Powerful Brand
- Develop a marketing message and advertising campaign to effectively promote SHC
- Roll out new and consistent brand identity
- Engage and empower the whole community in promoting SHC as the finest education in the Bay Area
3. Ensure Financial Sustainability
- Increase revenues and develop alternative revenue streams beyond tuition
- Contain increase in overall costs to no more than increases in tuition
- Adopt best practices throughout the organization to achieve a higher level of efficiency and effectiveness
Private Catholic High School Serving Marin County